Kindergarten E Learning Day
February 18, 2019
*I CAN RECOGNIZE DIGRAPHS AND NAME THEIR SOUNDS.
- Digraph chart: Say the picture then the beginning digraph sound for each picture on the chart (i.e. "shark, sh)
- I CAN RECOGNIZE MY SIGHT WORDS. sight words
- *I CAN LISTEN TO A STORY, IDENTIFY MAIN CHARACTER AND PICK OUT IMPORTANT DETAILS FROM A NONFICTION TEXT. Listen to the book, “President's Day” by clicking on the following link.
After listening, have your child name some nonfiction features they saw in the story(examples: photograph, title, caption)
3. Writing: I CAN SOUND OUT WORDS PHONETICALLY. I CAN WRITE FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES.
We have been learning how to write "How To" pieces. Please help your child think of something they know how to do(i.e. brushing teeth, tying shoes, getting ready for school, kick a ball, etc.) On 3 pieces of paper, have your kiddo draw a picture and write one sentece on each page for 3 steps. We have been working on using the words first, next, and then. Slowly stretch the sounds out for each word in the sentence, while your student is writing the letters that match the sounds. PLEASE DO NOT SPELL THE WORDS FOR YOUR CHILDREN AS WE ARE WORKING HARD ON INVENTIVE SPELLING IN CLASS. If you have a stapler at home, feel free to staple it together to make a book! Turn this in the next day we have school. MATH: I CAN WRITE MY NUMBERS 1-30
Have your child write number 1-30 2 times. Turn this in Tuesday at school.
- Have your child count and exercise with the following videos: Zoo count to 100 Count by tens
- Subtraction practice: On a sheet of paper, as your child to write out these number sentences and fill in the answer. They can use objects from home to help them figure out the answer.
1. 6-1 2. 5-5 3. 1-0 4. 10-9 5. 7-2
- If we have a special on this day, please follow the link below to complete their specials homework.