Monday 12/09/19 E-Learning for Art
E-Learning for Monday December 9, 2019
Welcome to Visual Arts on this E-Learning Day!
Remember, you only have to complete this assignment if you have Art on Mondays!
This assignment is due Thursday, December 12th, 2019, by the end of the school day.
K - 6 Visual Arts E-Learning Assignment Options:
Choose one assignment option to complete for this e-learning assignment.
Assignment Option #1: Exploring pixel art on the website www.pixilart.com
Assignment Option #2: Draw a picture of what freezing looks like to you.
Option #1 Directions:
- Go to www.pixilart.com. Make sure to spell it PIXIL.
- Before creating anything, scroll down on the main page to see some examples of what can be made using this website.
- Once you have familiarized yourself with the page, scroll back up and click on “Start Drawing”. If this is something you’re really into, you can make an account, but that’s up to you.
- Make sure to go through the brief tutorial to help you familiarize yourself with the way the tools work.
- Today, I really would like you to just explore creating. You may make whatever you want (AS LONG AS IT IS SCHOOL APPROPRIATE).
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ART E-LEARNING ASSIGNMENTS SHOULD TAKE NO MORE THAN 20 MINUTES TO DO. If you choose to spend more time than that on the art project, that is fine, AS LONG AS THE REST OF YOUR WORK FOR YOUR REGULAR CLASS IS DONE FIRST. With this website, it is easy to get sucked in and end up spending a lot more time than what is required. Please be mindful of this, as your other work takes precedence first.
- The website does have a drawing challenge every day, so if you’re interested, today’s just happens to be freezing (to get to the day’s drawing challenge, you can find it at the top left corner of the main page).
- Create a piece of art using this website. Your art does not have to be a picture of something. It can be abstract (just lines, shapes and colors, or stamps, or anything else, AS LONG AS IT IS SCHOOL APPROPRIATE).
- Once you’ve made something, you can use the snip tool or screenshot it to save it. If you made an account, you can also save it on your account. I recommend screenshot or snip tool though, as once you’re done, you’ll send your artwork to Ms. Rich via google classroom (see below for my classroom codes) or email.
- After screen-shoting or using the snip tool, upload the image onto Ms. Rich’s google classroom page for your grade level so that the work can be counted toward e-learning.
- If you are unable to access the google classroom, you can print if you have a printer at home) and hand in a hardcopy, or you may also attach your work and send it to Ms. Rich via email:
Option #2 Directions:
- Using paper and pen, pencil, marker, colored pencil, or anything you have on hand, sketch a drawing of what freezing looks like to you. Color is optional.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ART E-LEARNING ASSIGNMENTS SHOULD TAKE NO MORE THAN 20 MINUTES TO DO. If you choose to spend more time than that on the art project, that is fine, AS LONG AS THE REST OF YOUR WORK FOR YOUR REGULAR CLASS IS DONE FIRST. Please be mindful of this, as your other work takes precedence first.
- Once you’re done, make sure to write your name, grade, and teacher’s name on the paper.
- Turn in to Ms. Rich no later than Thursday, December 12, 2019.
Here is my Google Classroom information. Please note that the assignment is the same as it is here. I have a classroom for each grade level.
Here is the link to to join my classroom page. Each Grade Level needs to type in the specific code to join their class- see below the classroom link. When you go to the link, go to the plus sign in the top right corner. Click the plus sign then select "Join Class". Then copy/paste the code (or type it in) to join.
Link to My Classes:
Classroom Codes (by grade level):
First Grade: 4mau6a
Second Grade: vcr2lh
Third Grade: 9j9o3tc
Fourth Grade: jyoa3n
Fifth Grade: u4zs5z
Sixth Grade/GT: 8dgqra
Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you all stay warm and comfortable on this ELearning day!