A Booster meeting was held on 4/23/18 to discuss the Matress Fundraiser that will be held on May 20th at the MCHS. Yard signs and flyers were passed out.
DCI was discussed. DCI has offered MCHS band to sell tickts for upcoming event for $10 a piece (this is a discounted rate from $20).
Summer Thursday evening munical band concert was discussed. Will need at least 1 adult volunteer along with students to sell popcorn and water during the summer band concerts at Washington Park. Helpers will need to arrive by 7pm.
Next booster meeting has not yet been scheduled.
Upcoming discussions: Elections for offices, DCI, Marching band camp duties, and fundraisers.
BAND CARDS GO ON SALE MARCH 1-31. SEE A BAND MEMBER OR BAND BOOSTER. THEY ARE $10.
Updated Info: We are looking at multiple ways to fundraise money for our upcoming season. In order to be successful we need all students and parents to become an active participant. If you have ideas let us know. Make contacts with businesses. Support the band during band camp and at the competitions. Donate items and or money. Volunteer your time. Thanks.
Meeting notes from 9-12-16:1. Introduced board members both present and absent
- 12 parents/grandparents were in attendance
2. Shared an overview of the band needs and what boosters do throughout the season.
3. Passed out bylaws and discussed
4. Went over the finances that included purchases, fundraisers, deposits, all costs dealing with the band, etc. Discussed the need for more fundraising.
5. Discussed dates for upcoming competitions, parades, homecoming, senior night, band banquet.6. Brainstormed ways for better communication for families in the event of something being cancelled, etc.
- Phone tree
7. Talked about the recent field trip to see Wicked and how the kids really enjoyed themselves.
8. Question was raised about the seniors having their pictures on banners. Kids were told it was happening but no one knows anything.
9. Discussed ideas for fun activities for the kids, including the family fun night at the Diperts in October.
10. Band Boosters has a web page up and running on the high school webpage under parent heading. There is a picture gallery of events the kids have been involved in and will be added to as the season progresses. It has a link to the booster page on Facebook as well as the marching band page on Facebook. Thus helps with added public relations.
11. Next meeting will be posted.