To be valid for next school year, the IHSAA physical examination must be performed on or after April 1 by a physician holding an unlimited license to practice medicine (IHSAA By-Laws Rule 3-10).
**Pop Warner physicals DO NOT count. It must be on the IHSAA form.**
Sometimes it is tough to get into your family doctor on short notice. Here are some alternatives if you need to get your sports physical done quickly.
Sports and camp physicals are available through WorkingWell for $35. Additional charges may apply for requested services such as drug testing which is not included in price.
Michigan City Office:
4111 S. Franklin St.Michigan City, IN 46360Phone: (219) 879-5400Fax: (219) 879-5900Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Porter Regional Hospital’s CareEXPRESS Urgent Care Centers are offering $25 sports physicals from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week at all three Porter County locations. CareEXPRESS Urgent Care Centers locations include:
- Porter’s Chesterton Medical Campus: 650 Dickinson Road, Chesterton (219-926-7755)
- Portage Hospital: 3630 Willowcreek Road, Portage (219-364-3900)
- CareEXPRESS Valparaiso: 809 LaPorte Avenue, Valparaiso (219-263-4977)
All area middle and high school students who wish to participate in athletic programs during next year’s school season are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity.
During the examination, a Porter physician will:
- Review the athlete's health history
- Review all immunizations to ensure they are up-to-date
- Provide a sports physical exam to determine if the athlete may safely participate in their sports-related activities
Now accepting new patients! Call HealthLinc today to schedule NO COST back-to-school immunizations and sports physicals for the uninsured and underinsured at 1-888-580-1060.
Michigan City (Local number: 219-872-6200)710 Franklin St., Ste. 200
Michigan City, IN 46360Medical, Hours of Operation:Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.Sunday: CLOSED