Log in instructions for first time use:
1. Connect your device to a mcas network (ethernet) cable.
2. Turn on laptop/tablet.
3. At the date and time screen, press the spacebar.
4. At the “other user” sign-in screen, type in your username in the username field and
in the password field use mcas408. Then, click OK.
5. You will then be asked to change your password in the appropriate fields. The current
password is mcas408, use your ZIMBRA email password in the two following
fields: “new” and “confirm”.
7. Click “sign in” when prompted and “OK” when it tells you your password has been
changed. The “Preparing Windows” welcome operation could take several minutes.
8. Unplug your device from the mcas network cable once logged in.
9. Left click on the network connection icon bars in the lower right corner of your screen.
10. If a high school staff member you will connect to the MCAS-HS. Otherwise, you will connect to the MCAS-WIFI option. Please be sure to check “connect automatically”. You will need assistance with the security key, from someone in technology, when connecting the first time. Guests can connect to MCAS-Guest automatically at any time, as it is an open SSID and does not require a passkey.
12. There are several Windows 8 tutorials (articles & videos) found online. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with your machine.
- The devices have no printers assigned and are free of old XP snapins. If you are in need of extra software and/or a printer push please let us know by giving us your computer name, your location and phone extension in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This creates a workorder and is the quickest way to get the help you need, as well as status updates.