Kindergarten E Learning Day
November 12, 2019
*I CAN RECOGNIZE ALPHABET LETTERS AND NAME THEIR SOUNDS.
- ABC chart: Say the letters, sounds and pictures for every letter of the alphabet.
- *I CAN LISTEN TO A STORY AND TELL WHAT THE SETTING IS.
- Listen to the book, “There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Turkey” by clicking on the following link.
There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Turkey
After listening, ask your student who the main characters are and what is the setting of the story. If they are having a hard time remembering what the setting is, you can remind them that it is where and when the story takes place (example: where they are, time of day, season, etc.) Use a blank piece of paper to have your child draw and color the setting of the story.
- Review the following sight words: zero, one, two, three, four, five, the, we, can, do, did.
Writing: I CAN SOUND OUT WORDS PHONETICALLY.
Have your child think of a story to write. Take a piece of paper and draw a line across the middle. The student should draw a picture of their story, using crayons to show the different details of the picture. Ask your child what is happening in the picture and come up with one sentence about the picture to write down. Slowly stretch the sounds out of each word in the sentence, while your student is writing the letters that match the sounds. PLEASE DO NOT SPELL THE WORDS FOR YOUR CHILDREN AS WE ARE WORKING HARD ON INVENTIVE SPELLING IN CLASS. Turn this paper in the next day we have school.
MATH: I CAN COUNT TO 100 BY ONES AND TENS. I CAN MAKE NUMBERS TWO DIFFERENT WAYS.
1.Have your child practice counting orally from 1 to 100 by 1’s and to 100 by 10's.
2. Find items around your house to use as counters. You need two differnt objects. Give yuor child a number between 3 and 10. Have them show you two different ways to make that number with the objects collected. For example, use quarters and pennies. Students could make the number five by taking three quarters and two pennies, and by taking two quarters and three pennies.
3.Have your child count and exercise with the following videos:
Count to 100
Skip Count by 10's
If we have a special on this eLearning day, please follow the link below to complete their specials homework.