eLearning November 5, 2019
Kindergarten E Learning Day
November 12, 2019
*I CAN RECOGNIZE ALPHABET LETTERS AND NAME THEIR SOUNDS.
- ABC chart: Say the letters, sounds and pictures for every letter of the alphabet.
- *I CAN LISTEN TO A STORY AND TELL WHAT THE SETTING IS.
- Listen to the book, “A Turkey for Thanksgiving” by clicking on the following link. A Turkey for Thanksgiving
After listening, ask your student what the setting is, who the main character is, and to share their favorite part of the story. Use a blank piece of paper to have your child draw and color that favorite part the best they can.
4. Review the following sight words: zero, one, two, three, four, five. You can cut paper into flash cards for easy review practice. It's also fun to put them all on the table face up, then ask your child to find a certain word and pick it up.
Writing: I CAN SOUND OUT WORDS PHONETICALLY.
Have your child think of a story to write. Take a piece of paper and draw a line across the middle. The student should draw a picture of their story, using crayons to show the different details of the picture. Ask your child what is happening in the picture and come up with one sentence about the picture to write down. Slowly stretch the sounds out of each word in the sentence, while your student is writing the letters that match the sounds. PLEASE DO NOT SPELL THE WORDS FOR YOUR CHILDREN AS WE ARE WORKING HARD ON INVENTIVE SPELLING IN CLASS. Turn this paper in the next day we have school.
MATH: I CAN COUNT TO 100 BY ONES AND TENS. I CAN MAKE PATTERNS.
1.Have your child practice counting orally from 1 to 100 by 1’s.
2.Find items around your house to use for making a pattern. You need at least 2 different objects. Have your child make a pattern using these objects. Bonus points if you take a picture with your kiddo and their pattern and put it on Dojo!
3.Have your child count and exercise with the following videos: Count with Spiderman
If we have a special on this eLearning day, please follow the link below to complete their specials homework.
*WHAT NEEDS TO BE TURNED IN TO MRS. WISE:
1. Story your child wrote with picture and words attempted
2. Favorite part of A Turkey for Thanksgiving picture.
MUST be turned in by Friday to be counted as present; otherwise marked as an absence.