Welcome to the
MCHS Guidance Department!
Please take time to browse our website to find resources that will help you succeed in high school. The Michigan City High School Department of Guidance & Counseling is ready to assist you in achieving your educational goals!
Guidance Department Staff
Fax: (219) 873-2168
Guidance Secretary: Julie Krachinski
- Students taking the SAT or ACT - Beginning this year, you must register online to take either test. Both tests require an uploaded photo of yourself on your admission ticket, in addition to providing a picture ID at the test site.
- Through the Indiana General Assembly Page Program students get the chance to visit the Statehouse and see a full day of legislative activity. Pages have the opportunity to witness floor sessions, committee meetings and help staff members. There are a limited number of page positions available. To register, or for more information contact: Dan Granquist at firstname.lastname@example.org or call NAACP 219-814-3238.
- Attention Juniors!!! Juniors exploring Engineering at Purdue are invited to the Purdue University Campus. For more information and to register online- http://www.purdue.edu/wiep
- The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has instituted new minimum standards for graduating high school students to participate at their Division I level institutions. The website is- http://www.2point3.org
- The 100 Black Men of Indianapolis and IBE College and Scholarship Fair will be held on March 16th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Students who wish to apply for a scholarship should bring: copy of transcript, ACR/SAT score, two letters of recommendations, students other than academic should bring a video/audio tape of other extracurricular activites. More information posted in the Guidance Office.
- Jump Start your college search! You are invited to attend Andrean High School's College Fair on Thursday, March 21, 2013 from 6-7:30 p.m. Andrean High School 5959 Broadway, Merrillville, Indiana 46410